Huskte and Speedy are the only 2 companies licensed to provide transportation service from the city airport to downtown. Assume that low-price guarantees are illegal. The average cost per passenger is constant $10. Here are the possible outcomes:
-Price fixing cartel. Each firm has 15 passengers at a price of $30.
-Duopoly (no price fixing). Each firm has 20 passengers at a price of $20
-Underpricing: (one firm charges $20 and the other charges $30). The low price firm has 28 passengers and the high price firm has 5 passengers.
Questions to be answered:
a. Hustle chooses a price first. Draw a game tree for the pricing strategy of these firms and predict the outcome.
b. If a low price guarantee were legal, what would the likely outcome be?
c. If the local government deregulated this industry and allowed any firm to enter that met basic safety standards, what do you think the outcome would be in terms of price?
(NOTE: Calculate the profit and loss.)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 9:09 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file.
Answer 1: Please find the tree below. ProfitsH correspond to Profits of Hustle and ProfitsL corresponds to profits of Speedy. As you can see since Hustle goes first, it will pick the strategy that maximized its profits. In this case that ...
The solution explains the several pricing strategies using the examples provided.
The hot potatoe Pricing Strategy and Channel distribution
Pricing strategy and Channel Distribution.
1. Determine and discuss a pricing strategy (Penetration or Skimming).
2. Determine and discuss pricing tactics (Product line pricing, Value pricing, Differential pricing, or Competing against private brands) to be used for your product.
3. Identify any legal and ethical issues related to the pricing tactics.
4. Prepare a marketing distribution channel analysis identifying the wholesaler, distributor, and retailer relationships.
5. Discuss how the distribution strategy fits the product/service, target market, and overall marketing objectives for the company.View Full Posting Details