Can you help me get started with the following:
Price fixing is a per se violation of the Clayton Antitrust Act. From the materials in the library and the Internet, find an example of a price fixing case or other violations of U.S. antitrust law.
- Identify the firms in the case.
- Describe the firms and their industry.
- Explain the particulars of the case.
- What did they do that was considered to be a violation?
Definitely an interesting topic. Remember - we at Brain Mass cannot do the work for you, we can only point you in the right direction.
I have two good examples (both computer related) concerning price fixing cases. Apple's very recent case and the famous Microsoft (actually a set of cases) back in the late 1990s.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) recently sued Apple over price fixing. (Us vs Apple, et al 2012)
See the WSJ article here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304444604577337573054615152.html ...
The solution discusses price fixing.
1. Define variable cost, fixed cost, and mixed cost.
2. What is a scatter diagram? How is a scatter diagram used to estimate cost behavior?View Full Posting Details