Does the US Army have wage and salary increase guidelines? If so, explain the guidelines, and indicate how closely they are followed. If your organization does not have wage and salary increases guidelines, set forth and explain your own guidelines that could aid your organization's management.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 9:03 pm ad1c9bdddf
The United States has the second largest military in the world in terms of active troop strength and spends far more on defense than any other country in the world. Currently, the military compensation system has over 70 separate types of pay and allowances -- that's a lot to keep track of. With basic pay and 70 types of special pays and allowances, military pay is customized over time. Congress has approved the Fiscal Year 2007 Military Authorization Act and President Bush signed the act into Law on October 17, 2006. This annual act contains authorization for pay and benefit changes for military personnel for the upcoming year. There were initially two versions of the act, the House version and the Senate version, which contained many differences that had to be ironed out by a joint House/Senate conference committee, before being submitted to a final vote.
The new law provides a variety of benefits designed to better compensate service members, improve their quality of life, bring reserve-component benefits more on par with those for the active force and promote recruiting and retention, Chuck Witschonke, DoD's deputy director for compensation, told the American Forces Press Service and the Pentagon Channel.
Among the law's most significant features are:
? An increase in the maximum reenlistment bonus offered, from $60,000 to 90,000;
? A higher maximum enlistment bonus, up from $20,000 to $40,000;
? A new ceiling on hardship-duty pay, from $300 to $750 a month;
? A doubling of the maximum assignment incentive pay ...
1. Do you think exceptionally high pay to CEO's is economically justified? Why or Why not?.
2. A. Should a nation's income be distributed to its members according to their contributions to the members' needs? Should society attempt to equalize income or economic opportunities? Are the issues of equity and equality in the distribution of income synonymous? To what degree, if any, is income inequality.
B. Do you agree? Or disagree? Explain
3. Does your organization have wage and salary increase guidelines? If so, explain the guidelines, and indicate how closely they are followed. If your organization does not have wage and salary increase guidelines, set forth and explain your own guidelines that could aid your organization's management.
4. Explain in detail how your organization rewards employees for exceptional performance.
5. A Explain in detail how your organization rewards employees for exceptional performance. B. Do you agree with the argument? Why or why not?
6. Explain in detail how your organization rewards employees for exceptional performance Will they "look different" and "act different" in the future. Explain.