A medium-sized bakery has just opened in Slovakia. A loaf of bread is currently selling for 14 koruna (the Slovakian currency) over and above the cost of intermediate goods (floor, yeast, and so on). Assuming that labor is the only variable factor of production, the following table gives the production function for the bread.
WORKERS LOAVES OF BREAD
a. Suppose the current wage rate in Slovakia is 119 koruna per hour. How many workers will the bakery employ?
b. Suppose the economy of Slovakia begins to grow, incomes rise, and the price of a loaf of bread is pushed up to 20 koruna. Assuming no increase in the price of labor, how many workers will the bakery hire?
c. An increase in the demand for labor pushes up wages to 125 koruna per hour. What impact will this increase in cost have on employment and output in the bakery at the 20-koruna price of bread?
d. If all firms behaved like our bakery, would the allocation of resources in Slovakia be efficient? Explain you answer.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 5:29 am ad1c9bdddf
See the attached file.
a) The Marginal Revenue Product (MRP) is the increase in revenue from hiring one more worker. The bakery will hire more workers as long as MRP is higher than the wage rate (the ...
This solution shows how to use Marginal Revenue Product to quickly and accurately calculate how many workers a bakery should hire to maximize its profit.
Fortune 500 Research
Hello: I am looking for your guidance with the following:
. Fortune 500 Research Outline
pick a fortune 500 company and prepare a one-to-two page detailed outline. In your outline be sure to include information on the following topics:
1. What forecasting technique(s) does this company use?
2. How does your selected organization prepare budgets?
3. What MRP concepts do you see with regard to your organization?
Planning and controlling the supply chain
a. Utilize your outline,as a basis:
b. Prepare a 1,400-1,750-word paper in which you:
1) Differentiate at least two-to-three key elements for each of the four primary forecasting techniques and how they apply to your chosen organization.
2) Analyze the impact of production plans, master production schedules, rough cut capacity planning, workforce size, and carrying inventory as they relate to budgets for your chosen organization.
3) Depending on whether the organization you selected is a manufacturing or service organization, compare and contrast how MRP usage would be different for this organization and one of the opposite type of organization.
4) Compare and contrast the use of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system concepts for your chosen organization.
Site all references used for the paper.
Thank you in advance.View Full Posting Details