Kitchen Remodeling Project - A homeowners son has agreed to invest some money in materials for the remodeling of his parents kitchen, if he can decorate the kitchen and the cabinets in vinyl he likes. He and his wife live in the house in a basement apartment, and they use the kitchen quite a lot. The problem is that the owner's son has horrible taste. The owner needs the money, but doesn't want to turn control over to the son. The son feels that since he will use the kitchen a lot and is investing money, he should determine the decorating. Since their tastes are completely different, their goals for the final "look" for the kitchen would be completely different.
1. How do their goals fir our goal conflict guidelines?
2. What are the issues in the conflict between the two?
3. Suggest at least four possible solutions to the conflict.
4. Write the goal statement of the solution that best resolves the conflict.
How do their goals fir our goal conflict guidelines?
1. The goals of the parents are tasteful finish; the goals of the son are vinyl finish that is perceived by the parents to be not tasteful
2. The goal of the parent is to get the son's money for the kitchen décor. The goal of the son is to determine the finishing.
3. The goal of the parents is get the son to invest in materials for remodeling. The goal of the son is to get the kitchen decorated in vinyl.
4. The goal for the final look is in conflict.
What are the issues in the conflict between the two?
1. The décor of the kitchen;
2. The fact that the son ...
Conflict and Resolution is discussed in great detail in this solution.