Hi, I need assistance with some information so that I can create a PowerPoint presentation for the state of Colorado. I can do the PowerPoint myself but I need help researching the following and answering them:
1. Describe the various geologic events that have occurred in your state.
2. Describe the geological features and various types of rocks that formed in the area(for example, mountains, craters, canyons, volcanoes, fault lines, or folds).
3. Choose one of these geological features to research. What is the most prevalent rock type of the feature? Describe the mineral composition of the rock type.
4. How old is your geologic feature? Estimate the absolute age of the geological feature, and discuss methods used to determine the age.
5. What geologic event created your chosen geological feature? Discuss the process of plate tectonics related to the formation.
6. Discuss the significance of igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks in your state.
7. Discuss the type(s) of weathering and erosion processes that has most likely affected
the physical appearance of your geological feature.
8. Discuss any significant water, ocean, desert, or glacial feature(s) associated with your region, and the process involved with creating one of them.
9. Discuss resources that are abundant in the region and the importance and economic value of this resource to the region or nation.
o In conclusion, discuss why you selected this geological feature for your PowerPoint® Presentation.
o Include graphics
o Include details in speaker notes
o Use APA guidelines for citations and references
To see a timeline of geology in Colorado, go to http://geosurvey.state.co.us/Default.aspx?tabid=486
Colorado's geology is characterized by large volcanic mountains and valleys between them. Basaltic eruptions were caused by the Rio Grande rifting, which began about 35 million years ago. Most of the eastern half of the state is plains with the remaining area equally divided between the Colorado Plateau in the west and the Rocky Mountains in the middle. For a map of of these topographic divisions see ...
Discussion of the geologic features of Colorado and the forces that created them.
Stages in mountain belt formation. Investigate two mountain belts (or ranges) which have features that are distinctly different from each other.
Mountain Belt Formation
Complete sections A and B of this appendix.
A. Briefly describe each feature associated with mountain belts.
Characteristics How it is related to
mountain belt formation
B. Investigate two mountain belts (or ranges) which have features that are distinctly different from each other. Using the guiding questions below, 200 or more words describe the appearance and history of each mountain belt. In summarizing your investigation of the two mountain belts, describe the differences in appearance that indicate whether the mountains are relatively old or young. You may use your textbook, the Internet, or the University Library to look up information on various mountain ranges.
1. Identify the geographical location (city, state, and country) of each mountain belt.
2. What rock types are present in each mountain formation? Is one type of rock more prevalent than others?
3. What other geological features are present in the area that may have contributed to the mountain formation? Consider continental edges, streams, volcanic activity, earthquake faults, extreme surface temperatures, and other factors.
4. What visual features indicate whether this mountain range is in an early stage of development or in a later stage?View Full Posting Details