Hi, I need assistance with some information so that I can create a PowerPoint presentation for the state of Colorado. I can do the PowerPoint myself but I need help researching the following and answering them:
1. Describe the various geologic events that have occurred in your state.
2. Describe the geological features and various types of rocks that formed in the area(for example, mountains, craters, canyons, volcanoes, fault lines, or folds).
3. Choose one of these geological features to research. What is the most prevalent rock type of the feature? Describe the mineral composition of the rock type.
4. How old is your geologic feature? Estimate the absolute age of the geological feature, and discuss methods used to determine the age.
5. What geologic event created your chosen geological feature? Discuss the process of plate tectonics related to the formation.
6. Discuss the significance of igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks in your state.
7. Discuss the type(s) of weathering and erosion processes that has most likely affected
the physical appearance of your geological feature.
8. Discuss any significant water, ocean, desert, or glacial feature(s) associated with your region, and the process involved with creating one of them.
9. Discuss resources that are abundant in the region and the importance and economic value of this resource to the region or nation.
o In conclusion, discuss why you selected this geological feature for your PowerPoint® Presentation.
o Include graphics
o Include details in speaker notes
o Use APA guidelines for citations and references
To see a timeline of geology in Colorado, go to http://geosurvey.state.co.us/Default.aspx?tabid=486
Colorado's geology is characterized by large volcanic mountains and valleys between them. Basaltic eruptions were caused by the Rio Grande rifting, which began about 35 million years ago. Most of the eastern half of the state is plains with the remaining area equally divided between the Colorado Plateau in the west and the Rocky Mountains in the middle. For a map of of these topographic divisions see ...
Discussion of the geologic features of Colorado and the forces that created them.