As an environmental worker, the environmental laws in your area interest you greatly. Please describe for the CERCLA act,
- The date that the CERCLA act was enacted
- The provisions of the law, what it is essentially
- A little background for the act - who initiated it? How did it come to be passed by government?
- Where there any economic benefits or disadvantages involved with this act? Where there costs - for example, in the form of fines - associated with it? If there were, kindly provide economic data that evidences your claim.
- Do you feel that this particular environmental law has improved the environment/situation? Why or why not?
The solution discusses the CERCLA act mentioning the reason it was passed, the economic benefits associated with it and also the environmental benefits of the act.