By increasing the taxes on gasoline, it has been proposed to raise the cost of gasoline in the US to $8.00/gallon, a price similar to that charged in the rest of the world. What will be the environmental cost and benefit? What will be the political cost and benefit? What might be the social costs and benefits? How will it affect the cost of operating and using private cars and public transportation? Who will bear the burden? Will it be equally distributed across all workers and retired persons, across all parts of the country, across rural and urban communities? Draft a letter to your congressperson, clearly stating your stand on this issue and why.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:27 am ad1c9bdddf
I am writing this letter to outline my concern about increasing the taxes on gasoline. The new gasoline taxes will increase the cost of gasoline to $8.00/gallon. This will increase the cost of by more than $4.00/gallon for the average person in the United States.
The increased cost of gasoline will increase the production of natural gas, because of the higher demand of natural gas. Also, the automobile industry will see an opportunity to increase profits by producing automobiles that run on natural gas. The increased natural ...
The expert examines the purpose of increasing the taxes on gasoline.
Desk Check Algorithm
This problem has three phases I need help with all three.
Here is the problem and below the problem is what I have and what I need more assistance with. I specifically need help with the 3rd point and any additional input for point 2.
Original problem is at the end of this post:
1. For each program module (component) that was in the simple algorithm that you developed last week, develop an algorithm in pseudo code that shows the tasks and subtasks of the module.
2. Desk check your algorithms using the following test values:
- Leaded gas: $4.00/gallon
- Unleaded gas: $4.50/gallon
- Federal gas tax: $0.10/gallon
- Gas-n-Go service charge: $1.00
- Full-Service charge: $2.00
- State sales tax: 5%
3. Create a desk check table to show the results of your desk check test.
Here is my simple algorithm
If leaded gas only
Gallons_of_gas_purchased * cost_of_leaded_gas = cost_1
cost_1 * fedtax = cost_2
cost_2 * statetax = cost_3
If unleaded gas only
Gallons_of_gas_purchased * cost_of_unleaded_gas = cost_4
cost_4 * fedtax = cost_5
cost_5 * statetax = cost_6
If gas_n_go leaded
cost_2 + gas_n_go = cost_7
cost_7 * statetax = cost_8
If gas n go unleaded
cost_5 + gas_n_go = cost_9
cost_9 * statetax = cost_10
If full service leaded
cost_2 + fullservice = cost_11
cost_11 * statetax = cost_12
If full service unleaded
cost_5 + fullservice = cost_13
cost_13 * statetax = cost_14
Here is step 1. (help from this site last week) ***Please add input if additions are needed
Initlalize Leaded gas to 4.00
Initlalize Unleaded gas to 4.50
Initlalize Federal gas tax to 0.10
Initlalize Gas-n-Go service charge to 1.00
Initlalize Full-Service charge 2.00
Initlalize State sales tax 0.05
Read the input choice
Case of choice
1 Call LeadedGas()
2 Call UnleadedGas();
Calculate total= Leaded gas + Federal gas tax + Gas-n-Go service charge + Full-Service charge + State sales tax;
Calculate total= Unleaded gas + Federal gas tax + Gas-n-Go service charge + Full-Service charge + State sales tax;
***Need a desk check table for the above***
develop a program that will calculate a customer's charges and total bill at the gasoline pump, taking into account the following:
o The per-gallon price for gas is determined by whether the customer purchases leaded or unleaded gasoline.
o A federal gasoline tax is applied to each gallon of gas, varying by whether the gas is leaded or unleaded.
o If the customers pump the gas themselves, there are no additional charges apart from state sales tax. If the customers do not pump the gas themselves, one of the following two service charges apply:
· Gas-n-Go charge: If the customer asks for Gas-n-Go (the station pumps the gas for the customer but performs no other service), a fixed service charge is applied to the bill. The charge does not vary by the amount of gas purchased; the price remains the same whether the customer purchases a half gallon of gas or 10 gallons.
· Full-Service charge: If the customer asks for Full-Service (the station pumps the gas, checks the oil, checks the air pressure in the tires, and cleans the car windows), a fixed charge is applied to the bill. The charge does not vary by the amount of gas purchased; the price remains the same whether the customer purchases a half gallon of gas or 10 gallons.
o A state sales tax is applied to the sum of all charges except for the federal gasoline tax.View Full Posting Details