Research a specific ecosystem that has been disturbed by natural or anthropogenic causes and how the problem was resolved. Answer the following:
* Describe the location of this ecosystem.
* Explain the natural or anthropogenic disturbance(s), and describe their severity.
* Explain the damage to the ecosystem, including how the abiotic and biotic characteristics of the ecosystem changed.
* Explain its recovery process and time frame (the ecosystem's resilience).
* Explain if the recovery was allowed to proceed naturally or if humans intervened.
* Do you agree or disagree with how the recovery was handled? Why or why not?.
* Cite and reference all sources
Since no location was given, I will give situations and you can find a location that fits.
There has been a fire cause by lightning. The fire covered a woody area and a field. At first, there is little food for decomposers, which cannot utilize burned plant matter. Also, the loss of leafy plants on a burned site exposes the soil to sunlight and drying, unfavorable conditions for bacteria. Thus, bacterial populations are low. But the ...
An environmental restoration from a disturbed ecosystem. An explanation is given of abiotic and biotic changes. A detailed explanation is given of the ecosystems resilience and human intervention.
Ecological Restoration and sustainability of ecosystems
One aspect of sustainability is ecological restoration. What is ecological restoration and how is it important to ecosystems? What are four traditional reasons for the development of parks and protected areas? What fifth reason has been added recently? What are ways that you can aid damaged ecosystems?View Full Posting Details