I was given the play Shining city to write an essay on and compare it to Hamlet.
I can only come up with the fact that both have ghosts in them that are trying to tell them something..I need a bit more to make a lengthy enough essay..plot, theme, setting anything??
Plot: Shining City is about a businessman named John who suddenly loses his wife in a traffic accident. He then starts seeing her ghost in their house several times and as a result he is afraid to go home at night. Also he feels incredible guilt over the cruel way he treated his wife in the days before her death. John begins to see a therapist. His therapist Ian is a former priest who like John must face troubling issues of faith and loss. Ian wants to break up with his girlfriend (the mother of his child) but when she asks him for a reason he just says that he does not want to be with her. As a therapist Ian has to make John open up about his problems but Ian himself does not seem to know what he wants. While John reveals more of his inner turmoil to Ian. Ian seems to be turning further inward.
Setting: The setting for the play is Dublin, ...
Although Shining City and Hamlet are set in vastly different time periods(Shining City is set during current times) as well as in different locations, their themes are very similar. The following solution compares the plot and themes of both plays, as well as the setting of each play.
Present a mini proposal on Walmart's Policy on Women's Pay that includes the following:
1. Statement of problem. Provide a clear justification with evidence on why this study is relevant to your field and worthy of doctoral-level study. Support your efforts using scholarly information published within the past 5 years to ensure relevancy. Remember the problem statement should reflect your degree type (applied or research).
2. Purpose statement (how your study will address the problem using qualitative methodology). This statement should flow from the problem statement.
3. Research questions (make sure there is alignment with the problem and purpose).
4. Find 2 to 3 articles related to your topic of interest and provide an overview of the research methodology and design where you specifically discuss the elements below from each article and discuss how each applies (or does not apply to your current study):
- A specific qualitative design,
- The population and sample,
- Steps for data collection and protection of human subjects,
- Steps for the analysis of the data, and
- Issues of trustworthiness within a qualitative framework.
5. Based on your analysis above, what seems most applicable to your hypothetical study and why? Be sure to discuss the qualitative design, population and sample, data collection, analysis, and trustworthiness.
6. Discussion of the inherent strengths and challenges of your hypothetical study to include any ethical considerations that might need to be addressed in the study.
Make sure to support all assertions and research choices, using the attached resources as well as additional scholarly literature.
Make sure to justify steps and choices, using the attached resources to help support your points.
Be sure to use scholarly sources to support all assertions and research decisions. Ensure it is supported by at least 3 to 5 scholarly resources within the past 5 years to ensure relevancy. Also keep in mind that your problem statement should reflect a PhD degree.
Length: 5 to 7 pages
Using current APA standards.View Full Posting Details