I am using KNOPPIX.
Please also provide the step by step instructions so that I too can try and do these excercises.
In this project, you will perform exponentiation in interactive scripts using the read command to accept two variables and then raise one to the power of the other. Once the answer is displayed, you will unset all variables using the unset command.
1. Log in to the Linux system as a user, and then open a Terminal emulation window.
2. Create a script named Project5-5 in the $HOME/bin directory.
3. Declare three variables as integer, x, y, and A. Read x and y in from the keyboard.
Compute the answer, A, as x raised to the yth power, and then display the answer.
4. Unset the variable with the unset command.
5. Save the script, close the editor, make the script executable, and then execute the script.
6. Close your window, and then log out.
#1. Log in to the Linux system as a user, and then open a Terminal emulation window.
#2. Create a script named Project5-5 in the $HOME/bin directory.
#use whichever editor you are familiar with, I use joe
#3. Declare three ...
This response explains how to read in two numbers from a user using keyboard and display the result obtained by raising one number to the power of the other number.