The assignment is an assignment in which you, a software developer has won a contract to develop a program that will calculate a customer's charges and total bill at the gasoline pump, taking into account the following:
o The per-gallon price for gas is determined by whether the customer purchases leaded or unleaded gasoline.
o A federal gasoline tax is applied to each gallon of gas, varying by whether the gas is leaded or unleaded.
o If the customers pump the gas themselves, there are no additional charges apart from state sales tax. If the customers do not pump the gas themselves, one of the following two service charges apply:
· Gas-n-Go charge: If the customer asks for Gas-n-Go (the station pumps the gas for the customer but performs no other service), a fixed service charge is applied to the bill. The charge does not vary by the amount of gas purchased; the price remains the same whether the customer purchases a half gallon of gas or 10 gallons.
· Full-Service charge: If the customer asks for Full-Service (the station pumps the gas, checks the oil, checks the air pressure in the tires, and cleans the car windows), a fixed charge is applied to the bill. The charge does not vary by the amount of gas purchased; the price remains the same whether the customer purchases a half gallon of gas or 10 gallons.
o A state sales tax is applied to the sum of all charges except for the federal gasoline tax© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:21 am ad1c9bdddf
//Initialize Variables to be used in the program
Initialize Leaded_Price = user-defined value;
Initialize Unleaded_Price = user-defined value;
Initialize Fed_Gas_Tax_Leaded_Rate = user-defined value;
Initialize Fed_Gas_Tax_Unleaded_Rate = user-defined value;
Initialize Gas_n_Go_Charge = user-defined value;
Initialize Full_Service_Charge = user-defined value;
Initialize State_Sales_Tax_Rate = user-defined value;
This posting contains the solution to the given problem in a Word file attached, consisting of the pseudocode for the program.
Pseudocode is formulated
Using the UML diagram and variable list , create Pseudocode for the program.
How do I created the pseudocode?
1. client type (regular or discounted)
2. discount value (10% or $10)
3. regular price ($35)
4. client name (or client number)
5. client mailing address
6. invoice number
7. incoice date
8. billing date
9. billing amount
10. billing period
11. account balance
12. late charge rate (5%)
13. payment receving date
14. time for client to send payment (30 days)