Does CORBA assist or interfere with migration? Explain.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 6:58 pm ad1c9bdddf
See the attached document for the response.
Object-Based Operating Systems
"Does CORBA assist or interfere with migration? Explain."
- Certainly CORBA helps with migration to Object-Based Operating Systems. The article below gives the explanation. See this article also at:
The CORBA Programming Model
CORBA is a specification for creating distributed object-based applications. The CORBA architecture and specification were developed by the Object Management Group (OMG). The OMG is a consortium of several hundred information systems vendors. The goal of CORBA is to promote an object-oriented approach to building and integrating distributed software applications.
The CORBA specification provides a broad and consistent model for building distributed applications by defining:
• An object model for building distributed applications
• A common set of application programming objects to be used by the client and server applications
• A syntax for describing the interfaces of objects used in the development of distributed applications
• Support for use by applications written in multiple programming languages
The CORBA specification describes how to develop an implementation of CORBA. It also describes programming language bindings that developers use to develop applications.
To illustrate the advantages of using the CORBA architecture, this section compares early client/server application development techniques to CORBA development techniques.
Pre-CORBA Approach to Client/Server Development
Client/server computing is an application development methodology that allows programmers to distribute processing among networked machine systems, thus enabling more efficient use of machine resources. In client/server computing, an application consists of two parts: the client application and the server application. These two applications typically run on different machines, connected by a network, as shown in the following figure.
The client application makes requests for information or services and typically provides users with a means to display results. The server ...
The expert examines object-based operating systems for interfere with migration.