Design of a relational database system for the Phoenix Rising Apartment rental company.
The apartment rental business is made up of three different buildings. Building One and Two have three floors each, with 5 apartments on each floor. Building Three has five floors, with 5 apartments each.
The company has a total of six employees: A manager, two rental agents and three maintenance workers.
The manager has a list of suppliers for purchasing products such as furniture, computers, office supplies, building hardware...etc
The following is a list of tasks that the company expects out of the new database:
• Keep track of agents and the leases they sign. The agents do not share leases.
• Keep track of renters (Note: Renters have their address and phone numbers on file).
• Keep track of the apartments and buildings.
• Keep track of maintenance orders. Several maintenance workers can work on the same job.
• Keep track of furniture and hardware suppliers, who are managed by the business manager.
• Keep track of products bought, which are mainly handled by the manager.
Note: Products from a certain category can be bought from more than one supplier. In other words, it is possible for them to purchase 2 computers from 2 different places.
This solution provides guidelines on how to design a relational database system for the Phoenix Rising Apartment rental company.
BLOBS and Database Management
1. What is it about a 200 MB video or audio file that makes it so much more of a database management challenge than a relational database the same size?
2. What can be done to make the data in these multimedia files more manageable, queryable, reportable and analyzable?View Full Posting Details