Please explain which of the following salts is most soluble?
CuS(s) Ksp = 8.5 x 10^-45
Ag2S(s) Ksp = 1.6 x 10^-49
For one mole of CuS, one mole of Cu2+ and one mole of S2- ions are released. Therefore, [Cu2+] = [S2-]
Ksp = [Cu2+][S2-] = ...
The expert analyzes soluble salt functions of CuS and Ag2S
OH Function in Alcohol
1) What is the major product of dehydration of an alcohol?
2) Why does the simplest ketone have three carbon atoms and no fewer?
3) An alcohol has an OH functionality in it. Do you expect it to be a base? Why, or why not?
4) Name the following:
5) When acetic acid reacts with sodium hydroxide, what are the two products that are formed?
6) Why do amines exhibit high solubility in water?
7) What are amine salts?