1) How many milliliters of 0.480M NaOH would be required to titrate a 5.00ml solution of 0.320M H2SO4? Report answer to the correct number of significant figures.
2) Write a balanced equation for the combustion of octane, C8H18.
3) If the standard enthalpy of formation (deltaHf) of methanol, CH3OH, is -238.6kJ/mol, deltaHf(CO2(g))=-394kj/mol, and deltaHf(H20(l))= -286kJ/mol, calculate the standard heat of combustion of methanol. Report the answer to the correct number of significant figures.
4) If a gas sample absorbs 89kJ of heat and does 120 kJ of work, what is the change in its internal energy? Report your answers to the correct number of significant figures.
5) What is the wavelength of a photon of electromagnetic radiation having a photon energy of 4.56X10^-19 J? Report your answer in nanometers, to the correct number of significant figures.
This solution provides answers to various questions regarding titration, balanced equations, standard enthalpy of formation, change in internal energy, and wavelength of a photon.