What are regional trade organizations? Why are regional trade organizations established? Should a country join a regional trade organization? Why or why not? Please be specific.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 8:22 pm ad1c9bdddf
What are regional trade organizations? Why are regional trade organizations established? Should a country join a regional trade organization? Why or why not? Please be specific.
"Regional trade blocs are intergovernmental associations that manage and promote trade activities for specific regions of the world."
"Trade bloc activities have political as well as economic implications. For example, the European Union, the world's largest trading block, has "harbored political ambitions extending far beyond the free trading arrangements sought by other multistage regional economic organizations" (Gibb and Michalak 1994: 75). Indeed, the ideological foundations that gave birth to the EU were based on ensuring development and maintaining international stability, i.e., the containment of communist expansion in post World War II Europe (Hunt 1989). The Maastricht Treaty which gave birth to the EU in 1992 included considerations for joint policies in regard to military defense and citizenship."
"The decisions reached by development policy makers on whether regionalism or globalized trade should be pursued may influence a country's earnings from trade.
"Regionalism differs from globalization in the size and area of markets. From the perspective of developing countries skeptical of free trade, regional trade blocs offer some form of protection against an aggressive ...
This is a discussion of regional trade organizations including what they are, why they are established and whether a country should join a regional trade organization and why.
14 business analysis questions: free trade, business forms, agency, ethics, law
1. In your own words describe the purpose for developing free trade agreements? Explain how the establishment of free trade areas represents both a threat and an opportunity for global corporations
2. How and why have the forms of business organization used to manage business commerce changed over time
3. A pharmaceutical company has developed a cure for cancer. They put it on the market and cure thousands of people. Their ongoing research, however, shows that it is not universally effective and that some who could be receiving other kinds of treatment, die as they wait to see if the drug will work. Also, as many as 7% of those who take the drug will die from adverse allergic reactions. Give an argument in favor of leaving the drug on the market or removing it from the market based on a utilitarian law, a moral rights law, and a justice rule. How would you advise the CEO of this company and why?
4. What is the relationship between ethics and the law? Can an action be unethical but not illegal? If so, explain how and give an example.
5. Explain the agency problem. How can stock option programs work to lessen the agency problem?
6. Why should a company be concerned about the organizational socialization process?
7. What is a flexible work team? How would the job descriptions of employees on flexible work teams differ from those in a mass production setting?
8. Explain the two work situation contingencies in the contingency theory of leadership and the importance of each in selecting a leadership approach.
9. Explain goal setting theory and why goal-setting increases motivation
10. Analyze and explain the collective bargaining process and the steps available to settle disputes when the parties cannot agree on a solution. Does the mediator have formal authority to impose a solution in a labor dispute? If mediation fails what actions will typically follow?
11. What is product positioning? Give an example of how each of the four components of the marketing mix could be used to position a new minivan for the well educated, young, middle income family with two or more children
12. List and explain the impacts of the three major factors impacting the selection of a company's distribution mix
13. Explain the functions of financial and managerial accountants and explain how their reports are used by companies.
14. Analyze and explain the relationship between risk and return in financial markets. As an investor what would some of your expectations be with regard to a high risk investment and low risk investment?View Full Posting Details