Please provide a SWOT analysis and a Five competitve Forces Analysis of eBay.
eBay is a global technology company that provides online market places for the sale of goods and services as well as other online commerce or e-commerce, platforms and online payment solutions. The firm operates through marketplaces, payments, and GSI. eBay also generates revenue through marketing services, classifieds, and advertising. During the fiscal year that ended December 31, 2012, eBay completed three acquisitions, two of which are included in its Marketplaces segment and one in its Payments segment. In May 2012, the firm completed the sale of Rent.com.
- eBay has one of the best brand reputations in the world with a strong and trusted brand name.
- Diversification by localization makes market penetration easier.
- Since the firm is the largest online auction site in the world used by millions of people, its size gives the company a very strong market position by using the economies of scale.
- eBay's feedback system and customer protection policy provides the company a very good reputation.
- The eBay website and online payment services are open to illegal ...
An eBay SWOT analysis and five competitive forces are examined.