Process design and supply chains.
Describe the current state of H.J. Heinz Company's supply chain and an identified process.
• Describe the company's supply chain
• Identify a process internal to the company that you wish to analyze.
• Describe the process internal to the company that you wish to analyze.
• Identify an appropriate design approach for the process you have chosen.
• Create a high-level AS IS process flow chart using an appropriate tool.
• Identify at least one metric to measure the process and its application (how, what, when, and who).
• Use an appropriate tool to collect data for each step of the process.
Hope you are well.
• Describe the company's supply chain - H.J. Heinz Company's supply chain
The H.J. Heinz Company is known for a superior strategic company in accomplishing the supply chain execution within the targeted consumer marketplace. The H.J. Heinz Company utilizes the logistics operations by creating synergies between the raw goods and finished goods sides of the business operations. In doing so, the analysis on H.J. Heinz supply chain operations will entail utilizing technology across several internal operations processes that will facilitate the completion of product's delivery. Try and think of the company's supply chain as the means for more visibility to quickly assess the phase of productions leading to the end point of reference for delivering to the consumer on time and within set pricing matrix.
Further, the H.J. Heinz is proficient in outlining the supply chain network as a partnership with every internal and external entity for ensuring the largest on demand process of the product meets goals. Therefore, the key in understanding and describing the H.J. Heinz supply chain network is in the advanced logistics operations that produce the start of the art of transportation management system (TMS) that produces results. In doing so, the technology angle is imperative to connecting the overall phases of executing the H.J. Heinz supply chain operations for identifying successful metrics or recommending the elimination of practices no longer productive for the future projections.
• Identify a process internal to the company that you wish to analyze. • Describe the process internal to the company that you wish to analyze.
Try and think ...
Process design and supply chains are provided. A high-level AS IS process flow chart using an appropriate tool is determined.
Riordan supply chain and operational design
Riordan Supply-Chain and Operational Design Analysis Pt.1
• Ch. 9 Quality
• Previous Assignment Information
• Riordan Simulation
• Project Requirements (Dr. Tom)
Writing Tense: 3rd Person (He, She, They, or It)
Writing Style: Expository (Explain, Review, and Describe - Be Objective - Avoid Personal Opinions)
Minimum Word Count for the Assignment: Between 450 - 600 total words
Answer the following discussion points with operational concepts presented within the course material.
• Determine Riordan's manufacturing strategy (Chase, Level, or combination) and explain its benefits.
• Describe how lean production principles may be used to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain process
• Create an analysis-based process flow diagram for the existing versus the proposed supply-chain and operational processes
Assignment Quality Requirements
• Includes an active attempt to present the information in a clear, and concise manner
• Includes one or more supporting citations for each discussion point. The primary supporting citation must be from the course text, and or, course support documents.
• Includes external support citations from a minimum of two peer-reviewed journal articles less than 5-years old. The supporting article references satisfy the writing requirements for conducting research beyond the course material.
(Basic definitions and concepts not cited from the course text and support materials will result in points deducted from the overall assignment score.)
• Formatted based on the standard APA citation rules
• Submitted through the Plagiarism Checker/Grammarly Tools and demonstrate a reasonable attempt to correct quality issues
• Reviewed and adjusted per writing requirements in the course Instructor