Please use the attached to answer the following an outside source can be used if needed.
1. Analyze the reaction of consumers to the Cheerios advertisement depicting a multi-racial married couple. Should
Cheerios have been more sensitive to this cultural issue? How does public policy factor into this?
2. Explain a minimum of five cultural and social issues that affected the negative responses to the Cheerios
3. Do you believe that the ultimate effect of this uprising is totally negative? Include your rationale.
4. Recommend a strategy for Cheerios to implement now, taking into consideration the consumer decision process.
1. Analyze the reaction of consumers to the Cheerios advertisement depicting a multi-racial married couple. Should Cheerios have been more sensitive to this cultural issue? How does public policy factor into this?
There is no longer a "public" policy that still champions the racist Jim Crow narrative that explicitly outlawed or encouraged public scorn for mixed couples as this policy was ended with the Civil Rights Movement. Therefore, Cheerios should have not needed to ascertain how their multi-racial married couple would be perceived by the public as the majority of the public does not openly advocate racism that overtly treats multi-racial couples or their children differently. The question of whether Cheerios should have been more sensitive to this issue is "insulting" to the company as well as to the general public. Cheerios took the appropriate action when racist individuals who are a minority of the population chose to send hate mail to websites as well as Cheerios because of the multi-racial couple and their children. The company doubled-down and ran another commercial featuring a multi-racial couple ...
The Cheerios advertisement depicting a multi-racial married couple is examined.