Curiosity Company provided the following financial information for its installment-sales for the current year.
Installment sales for current year $ 800,000
Cost of Goods Sold on installment basis $ 600,000
Payments by customers $ 320,000
Repossessed Merchandise - Unpaid balances $ 52,000
Repossessed Merchandise - Estimated Value $ 26,800
a) Prepare journal entries for the end of the year based on the information above.
b) Prepare the entry to record the gross profit realized in the current year.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:11 am ad1c9bdddf
We would write the entries like this, using these accounts:
A/R - installment sales 800,000
Cost of sales 600,000
This solution shows how to prepare the journal entries for the end of the year and to record gross profit realized in the current year for Curiosity Company.
accounting review help
- The essentials of record-keeping.
- Preparation of simple financial statements.
- Balance sheet: Asset and Liability measurement and recognition.
- Income Statement: Revenue and expense recognition and measurement
- Account receivable; advances form customers; revenue recognition.
- Measuring and reporting working capital accounts: cash; prepayments; inventory; accounts payable; warranties; restructuring charges.
- Cost Behavior, decision making and simple budgeting: fixed and variable costs; relevant costs for decision making; cost-volume-profit analysis.
- Noncurrent assets: recognition and measurement of noncurrent assets; tangible and intangible assets; depreciation; impairment testing.
- Introduction to investments: introduction to investment in debt and equity securities; marketable securities and equity method investment.
- Statement of cash flows: preparing and understanding a statement of cash flows.
- Bonds: liabilities-bonds.
- Performance measurement: introduction to financial statement analysis; assessing firm level performance and an introduction to FSA.View Full Posting Details