* Boxes of Organic Flakes are produced to contain 14 ounces, with a standard deviation of .1 ounce. Set up the 3-sigma x-chart for a sample size of 36 boxes.
* Thirty-five samples of size 7 each were taken from a fertilizer-bag-filling machine. The results were: Overall mean = 57.75 lb.; Average range = 1.78 lb.
a) Determine the upper and lower control limits of the x-chart, where o=3.
b) Determine the upper and lower control limits of the R-chart, where o=3.
* The defect rate for data entry of insurance claims has historically been about 1.5%. What are the upper and lower control chart limits if you wish to use a sample size of 100 and 3-sigma limits?
* In the past, the defect rate for your product has been 1.5%, what would be the control limits (z=3)?
* Meena Chavan Corp's computer chip production process yields DRAM chips with an average life of 1,800 hours and o=100 hours. The tolerance upper and lower specification limits are 2,400 hours and 1,600 hours, respectively. Is this process capable of producing DRAM chips to specification?
* As the supervisor in charge of shipping and receiving, you need to determine the average outgoing quality in a plant where the known incoming lots from your assembly line have an average defective rate of 3%. Your plan is to sample 80 units of every 1,000 in a lot. The number of defects in the sample is not to exceed 3. Such a plan provides you with a probability of acceptance of each lot of .79 (79%). What is your average outgoing quality?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 8:18 pm ad1c9bdddf
The solution carefully explains each problem and provides the workings for the solution.
Call Center Operations Management
Please answer the attached question on call center management with references to the following article: