I need help with these Occupational Safety Projects:
1) Define the term industrial hygiene. Explain the responsibilities of the modern industrial hygienist, and describe their role in the safety and health field.
2) Explain why a comprehensive confined space management policy is important in any organization. What areas should a confined space management policy cover? What types of administrative controls and training should be designated in the policy?
3) What types of federal legislation have been enacted with regards to employers and the AIDS epidemic? Describe the impact that AIDS has had on corporate America. How has it negatively impacted employers and their ability to function?
4) According to the National Safety Council, there are an ever increasing number of applications for robotics in today's industry. List and explain the principal hazards associated with the use of robots.
5) What are some important considerations when evaluating hazards in the workplace? What are some examples of prevention and control strategies that can be used in any workplace? Explain your answer.
Goetsch, D. L. (2011). Occupational safety and health for technologists, engineers, and managers (7th ed.).
Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Please find help and some guidelines related to Safety and Accident Prevention.
The content below has been written to get ...
This response provides guidelines and notes for answering questions related to occupational safety and health. Concepts like industrial hygiene, confined space management policy, federal legislation with regards to employers and the AIDS epidemic, hazards associated with the use of robots, and evaluating hazards in the workplace are discussed.
Occupational Safety: Hazard Analysis and Accident Prevention
1) How do you feel that environmental concerns are changing the role of the safety and health professional? Provide some examples of environmental factors that are changing the safety and health profession. How have safety and health managers responded to them?
2) Define the concept of a safety-first corporate culture. What are some ways to tell if an organization has a safety-first corporate culture? How does the concept of globalization factor into the need for a safety-first corporate culture?
3) Explain the hazard analysis methodologies of: Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Hazard and Operability Review (HAZOP), Human Error Analysis (HEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA )and Technic of Operation Review (TOR). What do you feel are the most fundamental weaknesses of each of these methodologies? Why?
4) Persuasion can be a very important tool in the role of safety management. How would a safety and health professional persuade workers to take safety seriously? Describe the differences between projective communication and receptive communication.
5) What is a company's role in ethics regarding their organizational practices? Describe some guidelines for determining ethical behavior. Which of these guidelines do you think is important to the safety and health professional's role in ethics?
Goetsch, D. L. (2011). Occupational safety and health for technologists, engineers, and managers (7th ed.).Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.