There is a need for change in the traditional accounting information system architecture because of the following reasons:
1. The company does not get the information it needs to effectively manage my business in today's rapidly changing global marketplace. In my company there was a need for product wise information with regards to sales promotions expenditure. The traditional accounting information system had to be modified.
2. There is need to track performance to evaluate marketing decisions. This is not easily provided by the old systems. For example, the sales and profitability of a new product launched in my company had to be tracked. This became so important that the traditional accounting information system architecture had to be altered.
3. Need to continuously improve the profitability of the business. This requires frequent reports that have financial details and help make decisions. The finance department required continuous details about the realizations of accounts receivables and the ...
Change in the traditional accounting information system architecture is discussed in great detail in this solution.
Storytellling, time, and evolution
Please assist in answering the following four questions after reading the attached article:
1. What is the main purpose of the article?
2. What key concepts guide the author(s)' reasoning?
3. What are the assumptions underlying the author(s)' reasoning?
4. What are the implications of the article's line of reasoning?
"Storytelling, time, and evolution: The role of strategic leadership in complex adaptive systems" by Kimberly B. Boal and Patrick L. Schultz