Assignment: Prepare a paper explaining the following. The paper's format is NOT to be one-line sentence defined terms. The format will be on how the terms are used in business.
? Accuracy of data input is important. What method of data would be best for each of the following situation and explain why.
? Use APA formatting; provide citation and list your references.
The text reading does not provide a direct answer; rather you will have to "figure out on your own"
1. For Example, people reading in Bank checks may use a Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) Device as described in the text. A special scanning device called an optical data reader can also be used to scan documents (describe in our text) may be considered to read the data from the printer questionnaires
? Printed Questionnaires
? Telephone Survey
? Bank Checks
? Retail Tags
? Long Documents
2. Convenience and quality of output are important. Explain what method of output would be best for each of the following situation and explain why.
? Hand held computer
? Color photograph
? Statistical Report
? Company Annual Reports
3. Different types of storage devices are optimal for different situations. Explains what situations are appropriate for the following devices and explain why:
? Hard Disk
? Floppy disk
? CD ROM
? Flash or Jump Drive
4. Explain the role of each of the following in determining the speed of a computer:
? Clock Speed
? Data on hard disk
? Data on CD ROM
? Data on Floppy Disk
The response addresses the queries posted in 1442 words with references.
// Before getting aware of the methods of output, it is essential to know about what are the usages of Printed Questionnaires, Telephone survey, Bank Checks, Retail Tags and Bank Documents. Thus, there is a short introduction of the topic which defines all of these terms: //
Printed Questionnaires: Optical market reader will be the most appropriate method of data input for printed questionnaire. This device will scan questionnaire answers or marks to provide precise the data.
Telephone Survey: A survey is basically a collection of information from people or knowledgeable source. As the surveys are conducted among various source, thus for the analysis of information, a voice detection machine can be used. This machine will help in translating the voice message into text.
Bank Checks: There is a small magnetic strip inside the bank checks. This helps in reading all the information present on the strip after they are scanned. Thus, the usage of magnetic ink strip reader is the most suitable method for infixing bank checks. Through this the user can get all the relevant information regarding his account.
Retail Tags: With the help of a barcode scanner, cashier can easily insert retail tags. Through this cashier can quickly and precisely ring the customer item without entering the numbers.
Long Documents: With the help of photo scanner, long documents can be infixed. The pages can be easily copied with this kind of scanner. Each page can be scanned by the scanner to complete this procedure (O'Brien, 1990).
// Moving on, now we will describe the methods of output of Hand Held Computer, Color Photograph, Resume, Memorandum, Statistical report, Company Annual Reports. //
Hand Held Computer: This technique has created a revolution in the mobile world. These devices provide stock trading, viewing of spreadsheet, email facility, document formation and also it is used as a phone. The finest and the most widely used method of output is visual output. It appears to be effective when receiving ...
The response addresses the queries posted in 1442 words with references
Quantitative and Data Management
Can you help me with this assignment?
1) A three-year extended warranty is available for a new vehicle you are purchasing. After researching your make/model, you find that you can expect no significant repair costs in the first two years but repair costs of $1,600 in year three. You could purchase the extended warranty today for $1,244.
a. Should you purchase the warranty if you have a discount rate of 4.5%, discounted annually?
b. Estimate the internal rate of return on this warranty
2) A project costs $5 million to set up, and a return of $2 million/year for the next three years is guaranteed. A project will only be accepted if the internal rate of return is greater than 14% (assuming annual discounting). Should the project be accepted? (Your answer should not rely on Excel calculations so be sure to justify with work shown.)
3) A firm is considering the purchase of one of two machines. The first (Machine A), which has an initial purchase price of $4,000, is expected to bring in revenues of $6,000, $7,500 and $5,500 respectively in the 3 years for which it will be operative. Machine B, which has an initial purchase price of $5,900, will produce revenues of $8,500, $9,500, and $7,000 and has the same three-year lifetime. Machine A will have no significant scrap value at the end of its life but Machine B is expected to have a resale value of $1,800 (sold one year after operations cease). There are operating costs associated with each machine as well. For Machine A, operational costs of $2,000, $3,200 and $2,800 are expected in the three successive years. Similarly, for Machine B, operational expenses over the three years will likely be $3,100, $3,800 and $2,800. Assuming a continuous discount rate of 8%/year, which machine should the company purchase if they can only purchase one machine?
4) Preliminary plans are underway for the construction of a new stadium for a major league baseball team. City officials question the viability of the luxury corporate boxes planned for the upper deck of the stadium. The fixed construction cost for this upper-deck area is $1.5 million and the variable cost associated with each additional box is $50,000. If corporations and selected individuals have committed to purchasing 50 luxury boxes, what is the break-even price for a luxury box?
5) A retail store in Des Moines, Iowa, can receive shipments of a particular product from Kansas City or Minneapolis. The Kansas City supplier charges a flat fee of $1,000 per shipment plus $0.20 per unit. The supplier from Minneapolis, on the other hand, charges $0.45 per unit but does not charge a flat fee. The store intends to sell the product for $1.35 per unit. Identify a condition under which the store should ship the product from Minneapolis.View Full Posting Details