Why is making a lot of modifications to a packaged system sometimes a risky approach, and what are the alternatives? 100 words or more.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:39 am ad1c9bdddf
It is very challenging to make a lot of modifications to a packaged system because a packaged system has its own limitations and all the requirements may not be possible to incorporate as it may lead to ...
Discusses risks related to making a lot of modifications to a packaged system.
Software Modification, RFP, Prototyping, Agile Systems
75 word minimum response required.
• Credible reference materials, including your course textbook(s), may be used to complete the assessment.
o If you have questions regarding the credibility of your reference, please contact your professor.
• APA Information
o In-text and reference citations are required for all written responses.
o For questions concerning APA formatting, please refer to the APA Guidelines
• Course Textbook
• Brown, C. V., DeHayes, D. W., Hoffer, J. A., Martin, E. W., & Perkins, W. C. (2012). Managing information technology
• (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
1. Why is making a lot of modifications to a packaged system sometimes a risky approach, and what are the alternatives?
2. Briefly describe the steps of a pure prototyping methodology as an alternative to an SDLC approach. Which disadvantages of an SDLC methodology are addressed by a prototyping approach?
3. What is an RFP, and what critical tasks does it facilitate in the purchasing process?
4. Describe the underlying principles of agile systems development methodologies.View Full Posting Details