Cassatt Ltd. uses process costing to account for the costs of manufacturing their office bookcases. The following information is available for the month of November 2009:
Beginning WIP inventory (physical units) 8,000 75% complete for conversion
Units started during the month 102,000
Ending WIP inventory (physical units) 10,000 65% complete for conversion
Costs attached to beginning WIP inventory:
Direct material $12,000
Conversion costs $2,500
Costs added during the month:
Direct material $49,500
Conversion costs $9,500
Conversion costs are added evenly during the process, while direct materials are added in two stages during the production process. Oneâ?half of all direct materials are added at the beginning of the process, with the remaining half added when the process is 60% complete.
Assume that Cassatt uses the FIFO method of process costing.
1. What is the equivalent unit cost for the month of November for direct materials (round to four
2. Assume now that Cassatt uses the weightedâ?average method of process costing, and that the total equivalent units for the month were calculated to be 110,000 for direct materials and 106,500 for conversion. What is the total dollar value of the cost of goods transferred from work in progress to finished goods? Round the equivalent unit costs to four decimal places.
1. Total units available are 8,000+102,000=110,000. Of this 10,000 is ending WIP and so 100,000 is completed. Of the 100,000 completed, 8,000 would be from opening WIP and ...
The solution explains the calculation of equivalent units and cost of goods transferred
Prepare a cost of production report for each department
1) The following data is available for the Fabricating and finishing departments of Williams manufacturing company for the month ending January 2001.
(see attached file)
Prepare a cost of production report for each department under the weighted average and FIFO methods
2) Amy Wells production company manufactures industrial chemicals. Three departments are involved in the process-blending, heating and bottling. -----Data for January and February operatings in the heating department are as follows: (see attached file)
Prepare a cost of production report for each department under the weighted average and FIFO methodsView Full Posting Details