Can you help me get started on this assignment?
** See ATTACHED file(s) for more information **
Pumpkin Bags (PB) is a designer of high quality backpacks and purses. Each design is made in small batches. Each spring, PB comes out with new designs for the backpack and for the purse. They use these designs for a year, and then move on to the next trend. The bags are all made on the same fabrication equipment that is expected to operate at capacity. The equipment must be switched over to a new design and set up to prepare for the production of each new batch of products. When completed, each batch of products is immediately shipped to a wholesaler. Shipping costs vary with the number of shipments.
1. Identify the cost hierarchy level for each cost category.
2. Identify the most appropriate cost driver for each cost category. Explain briefly your choice of cost driver.
3. Calculate the cost per unit of cost driver for each cost category.
4. Calculate the total costs and cost per unit for each product line
5. Explain how you could use the information in requirement 4 to reduce costs© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 2:18 am ad1c9bdddf
The solution explains how to choose cost drivers and use activity based costing
Product Costing: Case Study Farm Financial Standards Case Study
Farm Financial Standards Council Model Case
If the Farm Council Case did not use Activity Based Costing, identify several dysfunctional decisions that could be made using traditional cost allocation.
Which solution do you prefer, the initial or alternative solution proposed in the case?
Explain the difference between the suggested solution and alternative solution.
Read this article:Throw Out Fixed and Variable Cost Thinking Bring In Activity-Based Costing for Distribution Decisions, Discuss the assertions this author is making in terms of variable and fixed costing and why ABC may make more sense in these type of settings. Justify your answer with good reasoning. You should attempt to integrate the thoughts of this article and your critique of it with the comments you make above.View Full Posting Details