Complete in excel in proper format with no lines in the journal entry.
5-12. The City of Sharpesburg received a gift of $950,000 from a local resident on June 1, 2012, and signed an agreement that the funds would be invested permanently and that the income would be used to purchase books for the city library.
The following transactions took place during the year ended December 31, 2012:
1. The gift was recorded on June 1.
2. On June 1, ABC Company bonds were purchased as investments in the amount of $950,000 (par value). The bonds carry an annual interest rate of 6 percent, payable semiannually on December 1 and June 1.
3. On December 1, the semiannual interest payment was received.
4. From December 1 through December 31, $27,700 in book purchases were made; full payment was made in cash.
5. On December 31, an accrual was made for interest.
6. Also, on December 31, a reading of the financial press indicated that the ABC bonds had a fair value of $966,000, exclusive of accrued interest.
7. The books were closed.
a. Record the transactions on the books of the Library Book Permanent Fund.
b. Prepare a separate Statement of Revenues, Expenditures, and Changes in Fund Balances for the Library Book Permanent Fund for the Year Ended December 31, 2012.
Your tutorial shows the entries needed and the statement as a template for similar problems and for self review and study.