Research an American firm/corporation that has been affected or is in the process of responding to recent shifts in international policies and regulations as they relate to foreign investment.
Write an additional paragraph addressing the following question:
1. Has business globalization and the inception of e-commerce impacted the importance of such policies?
2. One of the most difficult problems faced by American corporations is the matter of foreign investment: what international countries to invest in and what is the risk.
3. Discuss this issue keeping in mind the current instability of European and Asian markets.
Please help with this case brief. Thanks
1. Read the Libyan Arab Foreign Bank v. Bankers Trust Company case
2. Prepare a case brief
An American corporation that has been affected or is the process of responding to recent shifts in international policies and regulations as they pertain to foreign investment is the US Export Import Bank. The policy is that Obama said that he would place restrictions on US government financing for new coal plants overseas. US Export Import Bank is a government backed lender that increases US sales abroad. The bank has provided financing for several large coal plants. For example, the bank will not be able to lend for the proposed 1,200 megawatt plant in Vietnam.
1. Yes business globalization and the inception of e-commerce have impacted the importance of such policies. Globalization of business has increased world carbon dioxide emissions, globalization is using up finite coal resources more quickly, and globalization makes it difficult for policy makers in one country to affect worldwide implications of their actions. The commencement of e-commerce has helped develop a nationwide opinion against financing power plants that use fossil fuels. Social media has been instrumental in developing public opinion. Globalization transfers investment spending from US to less developed countries ...
This solution explains American investment abroad. The sources used are also included in the solution.