International Standards of Accounting (attached)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:24 am ad1c9bdddf
Since I am trained in US GAAP, I am capable of using International Financial Reporting Standards. Because of the convergence effort of the FASB, there are only a few differences between the US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards. I know these differences and I am capable of implementing them.
Let me discuss some of the key differences between the International Financial Reporting Standards and the US GAAP. In case of first-time adoption, the International Financial Reporting Standards standard is full retrospective application of International Financial Reporting Standards, in case of US GAAP the practice is also full retrospective application but there are some exceptions. In case of group transactions where there are share based payments, ...
International Standards are discussed in great detail in this solution.
Example Management Questions
1. Agree or disagree with the following statement - the U.S. has a competitive disadvantage in competing in global markets. Explain and support your answer.
2. Which do you think are the next two "hot" international markets for U.S. investment? Justify your answer with economic data.
3. Compare and contrast Sony, LG, and Samsung as international conglomerates competing in similar markets - what are their international competitive strategies (surf the net and check out their web sites).
4. What external environmental factors seem to be driving the international marketplace?
5. What influence do you believe shareholders have over a company's board of directors?
5b.What is the reality of stockholders power impact on a firm's strategy/ strategic management?
6. What is an appropriate compensation package for a CEO? 3. What relationship do you see between a company's board of directors and the development of the business strategy?
7. Do you believe that a company's board of directors can change the ethical standards in a business? How can they do it?
8. Would you like to serve on a company's board of directors? What do you think that you could accomplish? What do you believe would be fair compensation to you for your contribution and personal liability?
9. How does agency theory relate when discussing CEO compensation and strategic behavior? How are they linked?View Full Posting Details