Please refer to the attached document for the 'Tyco: I'm Sure That It's a Really Nice Shower Curtain' case study. This was a summary regarding Tyco's CEO Kozlowski legal issues.
Please take this extra information into consideration:
The authors suggest 8 governing ethical principles which taken together they call: The Global Business Standards Codex (GBS Codex). These 8 principles to create or evaluate a Code of Conduct and their most important aspects are:
1. The Fiduciary Principle (Diligence, Loyalty).
2. The Property Principle (Protection, Theft).
3. The Reliability Principle (Contracts Premises, Commitments).
4. The Transparency Principle (Thruthfulness, Deception, Disclosure, Candor,
5. The Dignity Principle (Respect for the Individual, Health and Safety, Privacy and
Confidentiality, Use of Force, Associatiation & Expression, Learning &
Development, Employment Security).
6. The Fairness Principle (Fair Dealing, Fair Treatment, Fair Competition, Fair
7. The Citizenship Principle (Law & Regulation, Public Goods, Cooperation with
Authorities, Political Noninvolvement, Civic Contribution, .
8. The Responsiveness Principle (Addressing Concerns, Public Involvement).
Kozlowski's motivation for trying to avoid paying sales taxes on the artwork he purchased was a combination of factors. The case states, Kozlowski had a "distaste for paying taxes" (p. 2), to the extent that he moved the corporate headquarters out of the country. He also co-mingled funds, seemingly without care, throwing elaborate personal parties with corporate money and abusing his position.
Kozlowski violated the fiduciary principle in this manner. He failed to be loyal to the company and put his personal desires and interests ahead of the organization instead. His behaviour outlined throughout the case shows Kozlowski's inability to be loyal to the company, ...
This solution describes the motivation behind Tyco's CEOs action to buy artwork without paying sales tax, using the example of the eight ethical principles to support the argument. Includes APA formatted reference.