Consider the role of the finance department at Strident Marks. The finance department has a couple of new hires, and the CFO has asked that you spend a short amount of time with them, catching them up on some areas that are very important to the company at this time. These also happen to be areas for which Strident Marks does not yet have any training material. Write what you feel should be included in their training manual about the components of financial systems, focusing on valuation. What role does a financial department play in valuing business opportunities and what are some of the key financial concepts that valuation work must consider?
Financial staffs should value the performance of the enterprise as a whole and also its departments. The staff should compare the targets set for the enterprise and the actual performance achieved. In broad terms, financial management staff should construct a framework which one can be able to establish the meaningful interrelationship on:
1. The financial goals of the company;
2. The valuation of the company;
3. The means of measuring the performance of the company - when its goals have been identified and method of valuation chosen, the company performance must be assessed and measured
Adaptive Path is an important component for valuation that you must master:
Value Assessment from Adaptive Path can help you:
Â? Justify and prioritize budget requests
Â? Understand the ROI of user experience projects
Â? Identify where changes may be warranted in your web strategy
Â? Introduce accountability into your user experience practice
User experience investments often take a back seat to projects that can be justified using traditional financial return calculations. And once user experience budgets have been approved, managers need a rational process for choosing which projects to fund.
Adaptive Path can help you define a process for valuing projects based on metrics that are known to deliver value back to the business, so that you can make informed choices, advocate effectively for budgets, and demonstrate the ongoing success of your team's work.
Adaptive Path will work with you to:
1. Analyze Business Objectives. We work with stakeholders at all levels of the company to develop a comprehensive business case for your short and long term web strategy. These stakeholders bring valuable insight into user needs, product development, customer behavior, new technologies, organizational structure, and business strategy.
2. Identify and Test Metrics. Armed with a prioritized set of business objectives, we help you understand how your web strategy best overlays business strategy. A key outcome of this process is synthesis of relevant web metrics and key financial metrics to assess the ongoing business impact of ...
In a 1300+ word solution, the response provides a thorough analysis of the types of oppoortunities plus ideas for implementation. It is an excellent source.