Using concepts related to external competitiveness, provide pay recommendations for a manager's position in Time Warner . Apply appropriate pay concepts to determine the pay for a managerial position.
What policy regarding external competitiveness would you advise? List the options and the pros and cons of each policy option. Offer the rationale for your recommendation.
What forms of pay and in what percentages would you recommend? Again, offer your rationales.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 1:12 am ad1c9bdddf
Pay Structure for Manager
Some people think that there is no difference between compensation and salary. Employee compensation is a vital part of human resource management. Wages, salary and other forms of employee's compensation constitute a very large component of operating cost. Compensation is much more than the monetary incentive and rewards provides by the employers (Guide to Managing Human Resources, 2007).
Money often is looked upon as a means of fulfilling the most basic needs of man. These needs are made available through the purchasing power provided by monetary income- wages and salary. For the accomplishment of a specific task, various rewards are given to the employees. These rewards are in the form of pay plans. For a manager's position, the pay structure should be defined in an appropriate manner (Gupta, 2005).
There are various kinds of pay plan. These plans are prepared for the benefit of the employees or to motivate them in the organization. Various pay- plan options are merit based pay plan, pay for performance plan, Merit plus incentive, Pay-for-knowledge plans, etc. There is a ...
The solution creates a policy for external competitiveness and forms of pay. The forms of pay and recommended percentages are determined.
Competition, Forms of Pay, and Location of Development
See attached file for graphs.
Sled Dog Software
Software engineers directly effect the success of many start-up companies. Suppose you are facing a clean slate: A group of investor is about to create a new start- up, a specialty software company based in Laramie, Wyoming. These investors have hired you to help them determine the marketing manager's pay. What would you advise? Consider the information in Exhibits 7.3, Exhibits 7.4, and Exhibit 7.14 in making your recommendation.
1. What policy regarding external competitiveness would you advise? List the options and the pros and cons of each policy option offer the rational for your recommendation.
2. What forms of pay and in what percentages would you recommend? Again, offer your relations.
3. Consider the theories and research presented in this chapter. Which ones did you use to support your recommendation?
4. List three pieces of additional information you would like to have to refine your recommendation. Explain how this information would help you.
5. Finally, would you physically locate all the actual software development in Laramie? What, if any, other options would you consider?