Please use India to write an initial country risk analysis. Discuss each of the following:
a. Economic exposure
b. Translation exposure
c. Transaction exposure
What are some procedures and techniques that can be used to mitigate the risks? Use both quantitative and qualitative techniques.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 8:23 pm ad1c9bdddf
First, India is located in south Asia. It is one of the fastest developing countries in the world. Our business can be profitable here as its GDP is growing more than 8% last quarter (http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/BS_SpeechesView.aspx?Id=310) This growth proves to be a large opportunity for multinationals. However, the country is comprised of multiple ethnicities therefore; several languages and religious beliefs are recognized.
India has democratic political system. It has got independent judicial system. Here free elections take place as it is one of the largest democracies of the world. Right now government is involved in the economy, but there are major reforms going on. Compared to the past the intervention has reduced drastically due to the liberalization policies.
Yes, legal system is effective and impartial.
India's GDP growth rate:
Year GDP growth rate
- High GDP growth and it is increasing as you see in the recent years the growth is very high, as discussed in the previous slide giving greater potential for the economy.
- India among top 3 Asian investment destinations in "The 2005 World Investment Report" - UNCTAD
- Foreign portfolio investment of more than US $ 8 billion in the Years 2005
- One of the best performing among emerging stock markets, in recent times
- Low Inflation around 5% (RBI data) and Huge foreign exchange reserves.
India is a diverse culture with many languages being spoken. The list of languages used in India is Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Awadhi, Bhojpuri, Bundeli, Chhattisgarhi, Haryanvi, Kanauji, Magahi, and Marwari. The official languages of India are Hindi and English and it is the largest democracy in the world and the population is having multiple religions
India's GDP growth is one of the fastest and its growing more then 9% annually. (RBI) Apart from that , the average income structure of the people is also growing in the country, study reveals that 6Of the 179 million Indian households, 14 million are in the top 8 metros - Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad & Pune. Out of these 14 million households, 1.18 million are earning an MHI of Rs 10,000 or above - which could be safely called the Consuming Class.
There are 2.2 million Households in the rest of India, which touch the mark of Rs 10,000 MHI, who are ready to join the spending bandwagon.
India raised two spots in the overall Global Competitiveness Rankings from 45 to 43; they earned high ...
A country risk analysis is discussed. The procedures and techniques that can be used to mitigate the risks are discussed.
Opening a Chick-fil-A in Russia.
I need 500-800 words on the following: Conduct a country risk analysis for opening a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Russia. I have attached a copy of a previous background paper for this effort. Analyze the following risks in your paper:
a. Analyze the following risks in your paper:
1) Political, legal, and regulatory risks
2) Exchange and repatriation of funds risks
3) Competitive risk assessment
4) Taxation and double taxation risks
5) Market risks (4 Ps)
6) Distribution and supply chain risks
7) Physical and environmental challenges to entering and operating in a target market
8) Social and cultural risks