Prepare a pro forma income statement for Hi-Tech Manufacturing Company using the following information:
1. Projected sales of $2,025,000 based on 1,000 units
2. Cost of goods sold: $1,200 variable cost per unit and $135,000 of fixed costs
3. Selling and administrative expenses: $20,000 per month
4. Depreciation: $10,000 per month from January through April and $12,000 per month from May through December
5. Interest expense: $40,000
6. Tax rate: 46 percent
Sales = $2,025,000.
Cost of goods sold = 1,000 * $1,200 + $135,000 = $1,335,000
Gross profit = Sales - Cost of goods sold = $2,025,000 - ...
This solution calculates the pro forma income statement based on given information regarding sales, cost of goods sold, selling and administrative expenses, depreciation, interest expense, and the tax rate.