1) Tax-deferred employee benefits are
a)Not subject to federal income tax
b)Not subject to state income tax
c)Taxed at some future time
d)Are taxed at a special rate
2) If you plus $1,000 in a saving account and make no further deposits, what type of calculation could provide you with the value of the account in 20 years?
a)Future value of a single amount
b)Present value of a single amount
c)Present value of a series of deposits
d)Future value of a series of deposits
3) What risk refers to the danger of lost buying power during times of rising prices.
4) Your net worth will NOT be increased by which of the following actions?
a)Increasing your savings from 10% to 15% of your earnings
b)A $100 birthday present from your grandmother
c)Buying a new stereo system and putting the entire amount on your credit card
d)Receiving an inheritance
5) Which of the following would be a core competency commonly associated with successful people?
a)Ability to work well with others in a variety of settings
b)Desire to do tasks better than they have to be done
c)Well developed written and oral communication skills
d)All of the choices are core competencies commonly associated with successful people
6) Retirement planning should take place
a)When you retire
b)Shortly after you retire
c)Well before you retire
d)At any time
7) Which of the following goals would be easiest to measure?
a)Reduce debt payments
b)Save funds for an annual vacation
c)Save $100 a month to create a $4,000 emergency fund
d)Invest for a comfortable retirement
8) Goals with a timeframe of between two and five years are classified as
9) Which of the following could save a smaller proportion of their earnings to achieve the same level of wealth?
d)All would save the same percentage of earnings to reach the same level of wealth
10) Which of the following would not help protect you from unethical or incompetent advice from a financial adviser?
A)Educate yourself on various financial products
B)Asks questions of other clients
C)Rely on the adviser as to when to buy and sell
D)Know your risk tolerance
1. c)Taxed at some future time
2. a)Future value of a single amount
4. c)Buying a new stereo system and putting the entire amount on your ...
The solution simply provides answers to the question. No explanation is provided for the answers. The solution is ideal for students who just want to validate their answers.