Not what you're looking for?
1. Descibe ciphertext and explain how you would test a piece of ciphertext to determine quickly if it was likely the result of transposition?
2. Describe how a VPN works.
3. Describe how a DMZ is used to protect a network but remain open for business.
4. Describe the difference of how a HIDS and NIDS work. Please spell out the acronyms.
5. Describe two different firewalls and how they work.
6. Describe the eight dimensions of privacy and how it relates to a work environment.
7. Security and risk are clearly related: The more at risk a system or data set is the more security is desirable to protect it. Discuss how prices for security products may be tied to the degree of risk. That is, will people or organizations be willing to pay more if the risk is higher?
8. Cite two reasons why an organization might want two or more firewalls on a single network?
9. How does the first and fourth amendment compare to our protection of computer information privacy?
10. Describe how digital signatures and digital envelopes work. When would you use them?
Purchase this Solution
Internet Security is discussed step-by-step in this solution. The response also has the sources used.
(1) Ciphertext is encrypted or encoded information. It has a form of original plaintext that is unreadable by human or computer without the cipher to decrypt it. I can detect very easily if the Ciphertext was a result of transposition by doing a frequency count. If the Ciphertext shows a frequency distribution similar to plain text I will conclude that the Ciphertext is a result of transposition. Ciphertext created by transposition can also be attacked by anagramming. Alternately, if transpositions have been used ,keys close to the correct key will reveal long sections of legible plaintext.
(2) A virtual private network or VPN works through different protocols. IP security is used to get communications over the internet. There are a number of VPN protocols in use such as secure sockets layer, transport layer security, and point to point tunneling protocols. VPN also uses Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol to secure data packets over the internet. VPN uses encryption to ensure that there is no unintentional interception of data between private sites. Traffic over a VPN is encrypted using algorithms to secure data integrity and privacy.
DMZ (demilitarized zone) or perimeter networking adds an additional layer of security to the firm's local area network. The result is that the external attacker has access only to the logical ...
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
In our ever changing world, developing secondary income streams is becoming more important. This quiz provides a brief overview of income sources.
This quiz is designed to assess your current ability for determining the characteristics of ethical behavior. It is essential that leaders, managers, and employees are able to distinguish between positive and negative ethical behavior. The quicker you assess a person's ethical tendency, the awareness empowers you to develop a strategy on how to interact with them.
The Fundamental Classified Balance Sheet. What to know to make it easy.
These questions will test you on your knowledge of finance.
This quiz prepares a person to do well when it comes to studying organizational leadership in their studies.