Speculate on how the typical sources of business growth might evolve over the coming decade. Explicate how these changes might affect businesses in the industry you have selected for this course. Support your speculations with examples and discuss whether or not there were any surprises.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:10 am ad1c9bdddf
The industry I work in is sports marketing. We are a sports magazine company with three publications specializing in cheerleading, gymnastics, and volleyball. Although there are plenty types of sources related to business growth, the two that I believe is beneficial to the sports magazine world would be 1) opening new markets for existing products and 2) gaining power in the marketplace via acquisitions, alliances, vertical integration. Both the cheerleading and gymnastics publications have been around for a decade and recently, we've made ourselves ...
The speculating business growths are examined. The expert explicates how these changes might affect businesses in the industry you have selected for this course.
Business Enterprise in American History
1) What are the problems of marshalling the economic energies of a nation at war? Are these problems eased or aggravated if the nation is a democracy? Why? Why is there a need for rationing and price regulation?
2) In the context of Babbitt and Major Barbara, consider the plight of Undershaft, the industrial magnate and that of Babbitt, the small businessman as they moved through the vicissitudes from war to prosperity to depression to war.
3) Discuss the growth industries of the 1920's. Why did they prosper? Why did they fail to perpetuate the prosperity?
4) What were the causes of the Great Depression? Consider, among other factors, the following: the plight of the farmers, the status of labor unions, factory worker wage levels, speculation, lack of regulation.
What were the goals of the New Deal? To what extent were they realized?
5) Franklin Roosevelt has been called "the greatest conservative since Alexander Hamilton." Explain. To what extent does the adage, "The more things change the more they remain the same," apply to this period.View Full Posting Details