1.What has occurred with Wal Mart's dividend payout, dividend yield, and dividend per share over the past three years (2012-2014)? Do you have any explanations for what has occurred?
2.How does Wal Mart dividend payout, dividend yield, and dividend per share compare to other companies in its industry? Has the company's dividend strategy been similar to other companies in its industry?
3.You are now to use Excel and plot your Wal Mart's earnings and dividends over the past three years. Do you notice any patterns?
4.What is your estimate for Wal Mart's dividend per share next year? Please justify why you made that decision.
5.Would you estimate that Wal Mart has an effective cash management strategy? Why or why not? Please justify your decision.
Three years, 2012-2014, are reviewed, ratios computed and pattern analyzed. The dividend payout is compared to 9 firms. A graph is presented.
Finance: Wal-Mart & Target, stock, beta, dividend, splits, yield, PE, market price, yield
1. What is the market price for Wal-Mart common stock?
2. What is the Beta for Wal-Mart?
3. If the market yield on S&P 500 stocks is 10.0% and 90 day U.S Treasury yield is 0.5%, what is Wal-Mart's required return?
4. What is the dividend that was just paid? Has the stock had any splits? If so, when?
5. What is the dividend payout ratio?
6. What is the (forward annual) dividend yield?
7. What is the (trailing) price-earnings ratio?
8. If earnings are expected to grow 1%, what would be the value of the stock? Use Do=$4.00
9. At the market price, and given the value you calculated, should you buy Wal-Mart stock? Why?
10. What is the market value of Wal-Mart's equity?
11. Now do the same thing for Target Corp. What is the Beta for Target?
12. What is the market price of Target common stock (for one share)?
13. If the market yield on S&P 500 stocks is 10.00% and 90-day U.S Treasury yield is .5% what is Target's required return?
14. What is the dividend?----------------- By what date did you have to own the stock to receive the last dividend?
15. What is the dividend payout ratio?
16. What is the (forward annual) dividend yield?
17. What is the (trailing annual) price- earnings ratio?
18. If earnings are expected to drop by 10%, what would be the value of the stock? Use D1= $2.50
19. At the market price, and given the value you calculated, should you buy Target stock? Why
20. Which stock has more risk, Wal-Mart or Target? Explain why.
21. Now look up the Target corporate bond maturing 15-August-2010. Print out the info on this bond.
22. What is its price? And what is its rating?
23. What is the YTM? (no calculation)
24. What is the coupon rate?
25. How often do you get paid interest?
26. What is the amount of annual interest you get for owning one bond?
27. Suppose interest rates change to 4%, what would happen to the price of the Target bond?
Please answer all questions and return by Feb, 27, 2009. All questions may be answered by referencing www.finance.yahoo.com and searching for each company by looking up the ticker code. If you do not know the ticker code, then look it up in the tool bar. All stock information is from the key statistics section, except for the price which is from the summary page. The bond information can be found by clicking on bonds at the tool bar and typing in the company name.View Full Posting Details