1. One year ago, Mr. Seth Cohen invested $10,400 in 200 shares of First Industries, Inc., stock and just received a dividend of $600. Today, he sold the 200 shares at $54.25 per share.
1. What was his capital gain?
2. What was his total dollar return?
3. What was his percentage return?
4. What was the stock's dividend yield?
1. Capital gain is calculated as ($54.25 x 200) - $10,400 = $450 of ...
The explanations in the solution are detailed and show how to mathematically arrive at the solutions for stock transactions including capital gain amount, total dollar return, percentage return and dividend yield.