NOTE: In your explanation, show that you understand the major concepts.
1. Using ratio analysis, compare two major competitors selling soft drinks: the Coca Cola Co. and Pepsico, Inc. Create a single spreadsheet with appropriate entries for all questions. There are 3 separate financial statements to analyze:
a. the income statement,
b. the balance sheet, and
c. the cash flow statement.
To answer these questions you may obtain information from the web directly from:
• the companies using their annual report;
• from financial information from Yahoo, MSN or other service; or
• from the Securities and Exchange Commission at their EDGAR web site, www.sec.gov.
2. Look for the 10-K, annual reports or link to the SEC documents from one of the financial sites. Calculate these ratios for the last 3 fiscal years.
Note: Whenever you use balance sheet items to calculate ratios, be sure to average the beginning-of-year and end-of-year amounts.
3. What can you tell from your analysis? What are the strengths and weaknesses of each company? If you had $10,000 to invest, would you rather purchase the common stock of the Coca Cola Co. or Pepsico, Inc.? Give your reasons.
I'm a little confused on what you are asking for.
<br>I believe your attachment2 gives a detailed explanation of financial ratios and how to calculate them with valid examples. I don't see anything that needs to be done with attachment2.
<br>Also on attachment1 - I don't see what questions you are trying to answer unless they are the questions ...
The expert examines single spreadsheet entries.