Purchase Solution

Units Purchased & Income Statement

Not what you're looking for?

Ask Custom Question

Master budget, Adams Company, a merchandising firm that sells one product, estimates it will sell 12,000 units of its product at $60 per unit in December. The company has prepared other information to prepare a budget for December, as shown here:

Merchandise inventory, December 1 2,000 units
Desired merchandise inventory for December 31 3,000 units
Cost per unit of merchandise purchases $40
Selling and administrative expenses $200,000
Cash balance, December 1 $30,000
November sales $600,000

? The company estimates that 60% of each month's sales are collected in the month of sale and that the remaining 40% is collected in the month after sale.
? The $200,000 of selling and administrative expenses includes $40,000 of depreciation.
? The company pays for half of merchandise purchases during the month of purchase and pays the remainder during the month following purchase. Estimated merchandise purchases for November are $340,000.
? All other out-of-pocket expenses are paid for in cash.

a. How many units of merchandise will Adams budget to purchase in December? What is the dollar amount of Adam's budgeted merchandise purchases for December?
b. Prepare a budgeted income statement for the month ended December for Adams Company.
c. Prepare a statement of estimated cash flows for the month ended December for Adams Company.

Purchase this Solution

Solution Summary

Purchase Budget showing units purchased and dollar amount of purchase, Sales Budget, Cash Budget and Budgeted Income statement are attached in Excel.

Solution Preview

Dear student,
Solution to your problem is provided in a ...

Purchase this Solution

Free BrainMass Quizzes
Business Ethics Awareness Strategy

This quiz is designed to assess your current ability for determining the characteristics of ethical behavior. It is essential that leaders, managers, and employees are able to distinguish between positive and negative ethical behavior. The quicker you assess a person's ethical tendency, the awareness empowers you to develop a strategy on how to interact with them.

Six Sigma for Process Improvement

A high level understanding of Six Sigma and what it is all about. This just gives you a glimpse of Six Sigma which entails more in-depth knowledge of processes and techniques.

Social Media: Pinterest

This quiz introduces basic concepts of Pinterest social media

Introduction to Finance

This quiz test introductory finance topics.

Understanding Management

This quiz will help you understand the dimensions of employee diversity as well as how to manage a culturally diverse workforce.