Not what you're looking for?
1. What distinguishes the internal capital market from the external capital market?
2. What important factor(s) might affect a firm's internal-external financing choice?
3. Why might firms prefer to issue new debt securities rather than new common stock?
4. How does the U.S. tax system affect a firm's financing choices?
5. What are financial markets?
6. Why will an economy suffer without a developed financial market system?
7. What distinguishes a real asset from a financial asset?
8 Can you distinguish between direct securities and indirect securities?
9. What is the difference between a savings-surplus sector and a savings deficit sector? Give an example of each.
10. Why cannot all sectors be savings-deficit sectors?
11. Within the financial markets, what do we mean by "private placements"?
12. What are the possible advantages and disadvantages of private placements?
Purchase this Solution
This solution discusses various financial choices.
Thank you for using BM.
Below are my answers.
Anna Liza Gaspar
The external capital market is where a company can raise funds from third parties in exchange of a debt or equity security of the firm. Examples of external capital markets are stock exchanges and banking institutions.
The internal capital market, on the other hand, is the mechanism where businesses source its funds from its own operations. The sources of these funds are usually from the company's retained earnings.
Factors that might affect a company's internal-external financing choice are:
? Its optimal capital structure
? Ease of raising funds from the internal and external markets
? Cost of capital sourced from the internal and external markets
Sometimes firms prefer to issue new debt securities rather than new common stock because
? Interest expenses for the debt securities are tax deductible which effectively decreases the firms' tax payable while the dividends to ...
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz covers the topic of transformational leadership. Specifically, this quiz covers the theories proposed by James MacGregor Burns and Bernard Bass. Students familiar with transformational leadership should easily be able to answer the questions detailed below.
This quiz tests a student's knowledge about Operations Management
This quiz will help you understand the basic concepts of Lean.
This quiz is intended to help business students better understand business processes, including those related to manufacturing and marketing. The questions focus on terms used to describe business processes and marketing activities.
This quiz gives students the opportunity to assess their knowledge of cost concepts used in managerial accounting such as opportunity costs, marginal costs, relevant costs and the benefits and relationships that derive from them.