See attached file.
Dunder-Mifflin, Inc is analyzing the potential profitability of three printing jobs put up for bid by the State Department of Revenue:
1. the company's marginal city plus state plus federal tax rate is 50%
2. each job is expected to have a 6 yr. life
3. firm uses straight line depreciation
4. the average cost of capital is 14%
5. the jobs have the same risk as the firms other business
6. the company has already spent $60,000 on developing preceding data.
This $60,000 has been capitalized and will be amortized over the life of the project
A. What is the expected bet cash flow each year
B. What is the net present value of each project? On which project if any, should the company bid?
C. Calculate the profitability index
The solution does a great job of answering the question. The solution is detailed and very easy to follow along. All the steps are clearly shown and Excel formulas are provided so that the student can answer similar questions in the future. It can be easily understood by anyone with a basic understanding of the topic. Overall, an excellent solution.