Not what you're looking for?
1. Use the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) to find the expected return on Kellogg common equity. Use monthly price data for the last ten years (ending June 2004). The following steps will guide you through this problem.
A. Using the FRED database, (http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/) calculate the average return on 10-year treasury constant maturity rate bonds. Use this as your estimate of the risk free rate.
B. Find the average return for the S&P 500 as an estimate of the return on the market. (One source for the past prices of stocks and levels of indices is MSN Money, (http://moneycentral.msn.com/home.asp) where the symbol for the S&P 500 index is '$INX' and for Kellogg is 'K').
C. Using the regression function in Excel, find the beta for Kellogg using the S&P 500 as a proxy for the market.
D. Using the data and results from the previous questions, find the expected return on Kellogg common equity according to the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM).
Please submit as an attached Excel file
Purchase this Solution
1) Using the FRED database, calculate the average return on 10-year treasury constant maturity rate bonds. This is an estimate of the risk free rate.
2) Finds the average return for the S&P 500 as an estimate of the return on the market.
3) Using the regression function in Excel, finds the beta for Kellogg using the S&P 500 as a proxy for the market.
4) Using the data and results obtained above, finds the expected return on common equity according to the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM).
See attached file:
1) The calculations for beta and average return is on the sheet " ...
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz is intended to help business students better understand business processes, including those related to manufacturing and marketing. The questions focus on terms used to describe business processes and marketing activities.
This quiz will help you understand the basic concepts of Lean.
This quiz is designed to assess your current ability for determining the characteristics of ethical behavior. It is essential that leaders, managers, and employees are able to distinguish between positive and negative ethical behavior. The quicker you assess a person's ethical tendency, the awareness empowers you to develop a strategy on how to interact with them.
This quiz will test your understanding of how to write good business plans, the usual components of a good plan, purposes, terms, and writing style tips.
Test your knowledge of employee orientation with this fun and informative quiz. This quiz is meant for beginner and advanced students as well as professionals already working in the HR field.