Explore BrainMass

Explore BrainMass

    Decision Making

    This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!

    A home products discount store is considering expanding its capacity to meet a growing demand for its products. The alternatives are to build a new store at a site nearby, expand and refurbish the old store, or do nothing. Economists have projected the regional economic outlook: a 50 percent probability that the economy will remain unchanged, a 20 percent probability of an economic upturn and a 30 percent probability of an economic downturn. The following estimates of annual returns have been prepared in millions:
    Market Downturn Stable market Market Upturn
    Build new store $(0.8) $0.5 $2.1
    Expand old store (0.4) 0.8 1.4
    Do nothing (0.1) 0.2 0.5

    Use a decision tree to analyze these decision alternatives

    © BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 4, 2020, 1:41 am ad1c9bdddf
    https://brainmass.com/business/business-policy-and-implementation/decision-making-414869

    Solution Summary

    Solution chooses the best alternative by using the decision tree.

    $2.19

    ADVERTISEMENT