Not what you're looking for?
Question: Zimmerman's Bank is the only bank in the small town of St. Thomas. On a typical Friday, an average of 10 customers per hour arrive at the bank to the transact business. There is one teller at the bank, and the average time required to transact business is 4 minutes. It is assumed that service times may be described by the exponential distribution. A single line would be used, and the customer at the front of the line would go to the first available bank teller. If a single teller is used, find:
a) The average time in the line.
b) The average number in the line.
c) The average time in the system.
d) The average number in the system.
e) The probability that the bank is empty.
For parts a through e; assume µ = 15
This needs to be completed using Excel.
Purchase this Solution
The expert examines computing the averages and probability using Excel.
- B. Sc., University of Nigeria
- M. Sc., London South Bank University
- "Thank you."
- "thank you Chidi Ngene.. if you have any APA references would be great"
- "Thank you so much for your help, your explanations were easy to understand and apply!"
- "are you able to highlight the equations used either on the xlsx or a word doc as to how each graph was formed- overall looks fine i just need help understanding this myself"
- "Chidi Ngene, M. Sc. Was extremely helpful as without the help and guidance I would have failed, but with the help I passed. I still have a lot to learn and in need of the guidance to understand and learn more on the subject. I would recommend Chidi Ngene and BrainMass to anyone that are in need of help. Thank you!!"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz will help you understand the dimensions of employee diversity as well as how to manage a culturally diverse workforce.
The Fundamental Classified Balance Sheet. What to know to make it easy.
In our ever changing world, developing secondary income streams is becoming more important. This quiz provides a brief overview of income sources.
Test your knowledge of employee orientation with this fun and informative quiz. This quiz is meant for beginner and advanced students as well as professionals already working in the HR field.
The quiz will test your knowledge on basic social media concepts.