Identify risk exposures for a financial institution (business risk, market risk, inflation risk, credit risk, interest rate risk, etc.). Then develop a mitigation strategy for those risk exposures. Apply loss control methods to each of the hazards identified. What groups are accountable? What are the intended outcomes? What might be unintended outcomes? Use examples and fully explain reasoning.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:50 pm ad1c9bdddf
The word document attached explains different types of risks which can impact operations of a financial institution.
Financial Markets and Risk in Capital Marketing
1. Explain types of financial markets and importance of financial markets to the economy?
2. Discuss characteristics of financial assets and give examples?
3. What is the difference between financial assets in conventional and Islamic finance?
4. Define money and its different types?
5. Evaluate current financial markets according to their ability to do their function? Hint: explain the function of financial market and give an opinion whether the current financial markets are able to fulfill these functions?
6. Do you prefer bank dominated or security dominated financial market? Explain with giving reasons.
7. Discuss the different types of financial institutions with examples. Hint: give a narrative on the types of financial institutions and try to find more and more in this concern and put also regulatory institution.
8. Compare and contrast equity financing VS. debt financing and their importance to the economy. Which one do you prefer? Also mention the opinion of Islamic finance regarding equity and debt financing (give some narrative about the topic)
9. Provide some narrative about Islamic capital market products: Development and challenges.
10. What are the sources of risk in equity investment?