1. What are the ethical issues involved in the Madoff case?
2. Did Bernard Madoff worked alone, or did he had help in creating and sustaining his Ponzi scheme? Would this represent a conflict of interest?
3. What should be done to help ensure that Ponzi schemes like this one do not happen in the future?
438 Words and 3 references.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 1:38 am ad1c9bdddf
438 Words and 3 references. APA format. Here is a small sample of what you will see: Madoff turned his financial management company into a colossal Ponzi scheme that swindled billions, from thousands of his investors. According to federal investigators, Madoff's Ponzi scheme began as....Thank you and good luck!
Case study of Bernard Madoff
In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented in the case.
1. Do you think Bernard Madoff engaged in creating a Ponzi scheme because of greed or did he employ it as a short term strategy and just caught up in a process that he could not reverse?
2. What were the elements that led to him so successfully wooing some of the wealthiest and most intelligent clients? Why do you think the SEC was unable to uncover his fraud?
If you were in the position to recommend an investment advisor, how would you make sure that you did not become the victim of a Ponzi scheme or other financial fraud?View Full Posting Details